Friday, March 25, 2011

Hong Kong






Jason and I were able to go to Hong Kong for a few days in February. It was my first visit to Asia and my first time riding business on a 747 in the upper Deck. We left Thursday Morning and arrived in Hong Kong at around Midnight Friday night. Then we spent the entire day on Saturday and Sunday and flew home Monday. I think the Hong Kong Airport was Jason's favorite thing about our entire trip! Just ask him.

I love traveling with Jason, he is so much fun and always up for an adventure... He made me try chicken feet - (which by the way are not as tasty as you might imagine) I wish I would have taken a picture. The waitress did giggle a little when we placed our order. We also had some nasty little chicken dish that sounded great - Spicy Sesame Chicken. You would think you couldn't really go wrong with that, right? Let me assure you the name was about all that was good about it. It was a cold chicken dish with lots of thick chicken fat and chopped up bones from I am pretty sure every part of the chicken. MMMMMM. We rode the subways and walked all over Hong Kong Island. We walked through street markets selling everything from souvenirs, fruits and vegetables, antiques, to fish and raw meat (heads, tails, everything...) We rode the subway and went to the Wong Tai Sin Temple. We also saw Man Mo Temple on Hollywood Road.We rode the Peak Tram which had an incredible view of the City. We were able to take a glass bottom cable car to Ngong Ping and see the Tian Tan Buddha.

0 comments:

Post a Comment